Accounts Payable Clerk
||Sorry, this position has been filled
||An Oil & Gas Exploration company located downtown is
seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk. The ideal candidate will be able to start as
soon as possible. Knowledge of O&G upstream operations is beneficial to
this position. This is a contract position for 3-6 months.
Essential Duties and
- Data entry
- Vendor inquiries
- Voucher review
- New vendor
- Gathers purchase orders, invoices,
- Cash Disbursement/1099 review/maintenance
- Wire Transfer/ACH entry & posting
- Land checks void/reversal
- Manual Checks
- Void/Reverse Invoices
- Journal Entries
- AP disbursement-assist/backup
- Training new AP hires
- Journal Entry & AP Entry Uploads
- Create Coding Sheets
- Utility Maintenance
- Credit Applications
- Create/Maintenance - Registered Invoice report
- Work w/JIB on Allocation updates
- Giddings backup staff
- Reconcile suspense accounts
- Reconcile Negative balance vendor accounts
- Handle various AP inquiries as presented by AP
and district office staff
- Various projects as assigned by General Accounting
environment with the majority of work performed on a personal computer in
a seated position.
be willing to submit a background check and possibly a drug screen.
be available to workfull time.
have access to reliable transportation.
overtime may be required as special projects arise.
able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds in order to lift supplies and materials
from time to time
be to type a minimum of 45 wpm (words per minute).
clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or
without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate
to sit for prolonged periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation.
vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable
accommodations, which permits employee to conduct analysis and investigations.
manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the
employee to perform routine office duties.
personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable
accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site
NOTE:This job description is not
intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as
requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Riverway Business Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex,
age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other
characteristic protected by law. Candidates must
have authorization to work in the U.S. Clients will not sponsor visas.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Knowledge of Oil & Gas upstream operations
expenditures, AFEs / LOE beneficial
- Knowledge of Excel - intermediate level; pivot tables
- Knowledge of Bolo accounting system is a plus